East meets West
• With an eye towards new horizons, AIBC heads to Manila next year – connecting the sharpest minds in the sector, and bringing our vast network in the West closer to Asian suppliers, operators and affiliates.
As the country continues to navigate the post-pandemic space, the business world has set the pace for digital acceleration, leveraging new technologies as they seek to future-proof their industries. As they experience this digital pivot, the country can expect to see new trends emerging in the business world, including the evolution of fintech and, as we enter the Web3 era – the expansion of data centers.
• From Alibaba Cloud opening its data center in the country and Singapore-based Beeinfotech PH announcing The Hive – a telco-neutral facility with 3,000 servers in Pasig to DFNN’s intention to invest in building the country’s first green data center in the Freeport Area of Bataan, the Philippines looks set to lead the charge as a hub for businesses looking to get ahead.
Driving the nation’s growth
A framework to: Connect, harness, innovate, protect – or CHIP – was implemented in 2021 and aims to prepare the country for full and inclusive participation in the global digital economy and as a driver of digital transformation.
• Connect refers to establishing and strengthening the country’s digital transformation roadmap
• Harness is dedicated to upskilling and re-skilling, ensuring readiness to contribute to the country’s global competitiveness.
• Innovate focuses on the digitalisation and integration of government and business services online.
• Protect focuses on the risk mitigation in cybersecurity and privacy, digital monopoly and inequality of opportunities.